Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Tax Day


 

Many people experience tax day anxiety.  Today was tax day.  I felt like a deer in the headlights.  My tax papers were missing.  I finally had to ask for replacements.  This has happened before and usually results in a tongue lashing.   I really get annoyed by that attitude.  So then I decide not to ask for a replacement.   


By some miracle I found my tax papers and called the accountant that had agreed to do my taxes.  His phone had been disconnected.  I checked his business card.   Well, I'll drive to his office.  His office had been closed up.  Hmmm....   This has happened before with a different accountant.  He's hiding out, I thought.  Except this is his job and he's not at work.  I did talk to him about two weeks ago, and he said he was planning to go fishing.  I thought tax time was a curious time to go on a long fishing trip, but supposed he had some handle on the situation.  It was freaky when I heard his phone say, "The number you have called has been disconnected."  Especially on tax day when my taxes weren't filed yet.  


So I sent my forms to his email address.  I'm hoping he put in for an extension for me and is doing some weird form of holding people at a distance to retain his sanity.  


It's actually a relief that this train wreck is over.   I'm not going to worry about it.  



3 comments:

  1. Trust is the foundation of civilization.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops. You said "trust is the foundation of civilization". I thought you said, "Taxes..." Hmmm... Trust. Many questions are rising in my mind.

      Delete