Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Partial Success With Cat Troubles


 


I actually did put Ambien in the Friskies for the feral cats.  Mrs. Cat didn't drink the Koolade because Ole Grey is so much larger than her that he pushed her aside and gobbled all the Friskies himself.  Pretty soon he was in the pet kennel sound asleep and off to his new life.   Mrs. Cat is the one that really needs to be dealt with because she is about to have kittens.  I don't want to become Cat Lady with a million feral cats.  It has happened to others.  Somehow, always ladies it seems.  Cats know a soft touch, I guess.   


So this morning I continued the plan to get Mrs. Cat to the vet's and put out more Friskies with Ambien added.   Not surprisingly, she managed to nibble around the little Ambien bits.    So Mrs. Cat hasn't fallen for my desperate tricks.   Why couldn't she do what the other kitties did and walk into the kennel to eat goodies I put out?  Others did.  Then, once kitties ventured inside, I quickly closed the kennel door.   Then they were whisked away to become barns cats.  It's a good life for feral cats.  


I guess I'll crush up the Ambien and maybe increase the dose, so if she eats her tiny little meal it will be enough to put her to sleep.  


I can't believe what a relief it is to finally have Old Grey move out.  He was a real meanie.   One thing about Mrs. Cat - she's a nice tempered cat.  Just not spayed and not friendly to people.  


I guess if I don't catch Mrs. Cat soon, I'll have to think up another plan.  







No comments:

Post a Comment