Thursday, April 27, 2023

Ole Grey Still Missing. New Plan for Feral Cats



It's been around 10 days, and Ole Grey still hasn't showed up.  


I've been trying to come up with another plan to thwart feral cats.  This is it.  My new plan.  Maybe this will fix things.  


The cats have been living underneath my house, which they access through openings in the foundation.  There are four of these openings.  And I don't think it's just feral cats.  Possums.  Mice.  Who knows?  


Well, what about putting boards in front of the openings?  There are boards in front of the openings.  I don't know who put them there, but they didn't do a very good job.  They are just propped up and don't close the openings from much of anything.  So what to do?  Better boards?  


No, I have it all figured out.  I take large, heavy duty black plastic trash bags and tape them over the openings with duck tape.  Very down and dirty.  Oh, an animal could get through that, some might say.  The weather would cause the tape to come off.  Well, if the weather makes the tape come off then I could put more tape on.  I don't think an animal would break through that.  I have read that one can build a coral for horses by putting up a square of lines to hang sheets over, and horses won't attempt to get through the sheets, even though it could be easily done.  They don't know that.   It was even a less hazardous way of corralling the horses, since horses have been injured by fences.   So most likely animals won't figure out that with a certain amount of effort they could break back in under the house.  


UPDATE


Ole Grey still hasn't showed up.  I feel disturbed about this.  I had gritted my teeth to try and deal with him.  He appeared to have recovered from his Ambien misadventure and was well for at least a week afterward.  I was trying to make him go to sleep so I could put him in the pet kennel and take him to the vet.  The vet wanted to make him a barn cat.  Am I sorry something has become of him?  I was very tired of having a bobcat in the yard.  He had the weirdest, most malevolent expression.  I just wish something good could have happened to him though.  






 

No comments:

Post a Comment