Sunday, April 16, 2023

Pulled Pork 2

 





This is pulled pork attempt number two.  This time I used pork shoulder.   The pork tenderloin has less fat than the shoulder, so it seemed like a shoulder roast would be more juicy and tender.  


It was a seven pound roast and I decided to cut it into fourths and cut a fourth into smaller pieces and brown them.  First I put on a dry rub.  I had talked to Tuna about the fact that I had seen a Youtube video that recommended rubbing it with orange juice.  She said this tenderized it.  Well, maybe if you marinaded it, but I said maybe I would rub it in lemon juice.  "Oh, that won't taste as good," she said.  Who knows?  That's what I did anyway.  And also salt, onion powder, and garlic powder, like before.  I made broth from Better Than Bouillon, but made about a quart this time instead of two cups.  And again put a package of Crystal Lite orange drink powder in, and about 3 tablespoons of vinegar.   So the pork is browned and simmering in the Instant Pot again.  Hopefully I will eventually locate the lid for the pressure cooker, but this time it's slow cooking for five hours.  


How long did it take to get all this to the point of simmering?  About 45 minutes, start to finish.  





No comments:

Post a Comment