Monday, April 3, 2023

Bird Alert 2


 

Last Friday a bird was making loud noises all morning.  Then when I went outside it followed me around the yard, still making noise.   I could not see it, just hear it. 


I still heard it today, but further away.  Then I heard it just now when I was in the hall.  It's pitch dark outside, but the bird is still making noise.  It would stop for a moment,  then start again when I passed in front of a window.   I was hearing it from the back of the house. I had to go out to the kitchen, and it began to really make noises.   It seemed to go crazy when I stood in front of the window near the sink in the kitchen.  


I walked back down the hall, and it began again when I walked near a window.  


It's been dark for over an hour, and birds aren't usually awake this late.  This has been going on for four days.  It's so strange.  


I wish I knew what this is about.  


UPDATE 


It's 10:00 pm and that thing was still making noise.   It started when I stood near the window in the kitchen.  I took a flashlight and went outside through the kitchen door, hoping to frighten it away.  It flew right up to my ear and made a half deafening squeak.  Then I saw movement about six feet up in some branches of a bush nearby.  


I started to rethink what is happening.  Maybe it's not a bird.  Maybe it's a bat.  A rabid bat?  OK, I need to calm down.  No more chasing rabid bats at night.  





 

No comments:

Post a Comment