Saturday, April 8, 2023

Saturday in Paradise


 


I woke up this morning and thought, "My nose feels funny."  I went to see how Mrs. Billingsley was doing.  She said, "I don't really feel very well."  "I thought I heard you coughing..."  "Coughing, stuffy nose. all sorts of things."  Uh oh.   "It could be pollen."  "Pollen with germs."  "Flower germs?"


I began to tell Mrs. Billingsley my solutions for these kinds of things.  First, you immediately start a five day fast.  Then you take a bath in the hottest water you can stand and raise your temperature to 103+º.   


"By the way, did you know that catching a cold is good for you?   It exercises the immune system  An exercised immune system is a happy immune system.  I've tried to give you supplements but you balked at that.  You had all sorts of excuses."    "I'm more open to taking supplements now," she claimed.   I gave her a citrus lozenge with Vitamin C.  


"So let's retrace our steps and figure out where this problem originated."  She pointed at me.   "I think a Coke would help," I told her.    


While the Cokes chilled, I did take a hot bath.  I didn't stay in long though.  I actually feel a lot better.  Time for a Coke.  









No comments:

Post a Comment