Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Rapamycin in Paradise




 




Good news about the Rapamycin situation in Paradise.   Today I got my sirolimus (Rapamycin) test results for my blood levels of Rapamycin.  The nurse at the clinic said the level was 1.7, and it should be between 3 and 20.  1.7 what?  ngml.   Happy?  From reading murine (mouse) studies, I saw that the mice were all over the place with their levels.   I'm going to have to get some mice to study.   What about people?  The numbers the nurse gave me were from on label recommended therapeutic values.  On label is only for people with organ transplants to prevent organ rejection.   

I want to reach a level of 6.  1.7 is good news because now I know for sure what I've been taking is Rapamycin, and about the dose I need to get to 6.  Doing the math, 1.7 divided by 4 tablets is a level of about 0.4 per tablet.  6 divided by 0.4 is 15.  So it should take 15 tablets to reach a level of 6.   My plan is to take 10 mg once a week.   Then I'll evaluate my results after about a month.  

That's life in Paradise today.  





No comments:

Post a Comment