Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Prowler Sends A Message

 



It is that day of days when the trash is collected, and I didn't take out the trash last night because I was afraid the bear would come back at night.  Maybe it would be better if he did.  That would scare my prowler.  


So I went to take the trash out the backdoor early in the morning.  But the backdoor was standing wide open.  I am certain I locked it, since there has been a prowler.  The sheriff told me to put up security cameras and "No Trespassing" signs.  The signs are everywhere.  Except the backdoor.  Well, also none on my bedroom window where there has been some harassment.   The prowler came in July with a bat or a sledgehammer and slammed it against the walls of the house for around 15 minutes.  Mom called the sheriff's office and spoke to a woman who was a receptionist apparently, and made no effort to dispatch officers.   Well, why?  Women who are alone are being threatened at night?  No big deal.  






Was I afraid?  Well, since that time I have been armed with a gun at all times, including when I'm asleep, so beware.  This turkey probably doesn't imagine I have a gun or would shoot him.    Go ahead.  Make my day.  


As I toted out the trash, I saw cigarette butts stomped out on the back steps.   Marlboros.  Who do I know that smokes Marlboros?  One shining name comes to mind.   There were no cigarette butts on the steps yesterday.  I'm keeping them for evidence.  




 





No comments:

Post a Comment