Tuesday, September 26, 2023

New Microwave Gadget


 I know.  I already had this egg cooker for the microwave.  I somehow became warped, and since it had been so useful, I decided to replace it.  


While I was shopping for it, another microwave cooker caught my attention.  



What am I hoping to do with this beauty?  I hope to find some way to cook bacon in a way that is easier than my current method.  I am hoping to toast bratwurst and hot dogs in it, which seems like it should work.  It actually shows roasting chicken in it in their ad.  I will believe that when I see it.  I think it may be adequately cooked to make into chicken salad.  I have trouble believing it will make a juicy piece of chicken with a crispy, brown skin.  I would like to try to make a Chef Boy R Dee pizza in it.  This I really can't imagine I would be satisfied with, because it just doesn't seem like the crust would be any good.  It would turn a crust into a cracker.   But, I plan to find out if it will really do these things.  


I thought my toaster oven was going to solve some of these problems, but during the summer when the temperature was over 100º, it would turn itself off.  Why?  I don't know.   I had liked the way that I could set it, and after the time was up, it turned itself off.  I didn't like the way it starting turning itself off whenever it felt like it.  Also, it has become very messy with use.  The clean up is almost impossible.  And, it smells like burning rubber when I use it, that makes me think there may be a fire hazard problem.  This is the reason I quit using it.   


So, we'll see.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment