Sunday, September 24, 2023

My Rapamycin Experience

 This is the very product that I bought for $69.99.  I googled buy Rapamycin and was steered in the direction of a company called AntiAging.  


The package arrived in about two weeks, shipped from Hong Kong, although the box states that it's made in India.   How long before I decided to try the first dose?  Maybe five minutes.  The only hesitation was that it was afternoon, and some say it can make one hyper causing some trouble with sleep.  I only took 1 mg.  I would say, from what I've heard, that the usual dose is 5 or 6 mg once a week.   I thought it would be good to use at least some caution.  


In around two hours I felt a tingle, I would say in the bone marrow of my forearms.  My arms seemed happy about getting Rapamycin.  


Then what?  Once a week I took another dose, increasing the dose by 1 mg a week.  Finally today I took 5 mg.  


So what is my experience?  Two big changes.  Rapamycin has several areas it does a nearly miraculous job at.  One of them is autoimmune disease, like rheumatoid arthritis.   Watching Youtube, I've heard several people say their joint pain went away, usually after a couple of months.  I noticed an improvement in joint pain right off the bat, but it has continued to improve.  What else?  I've had a lot more energy.  I don't say to myself, "OK, get up and do chores."  I just find that I have spent the past two hours doing chores without giving it much thought.   I've begun to go for short walks that I wasn't able to do at one time.  


I asked myself if this was the placebo effect.   I don't think the pain relief is a placebo effect.  I don't really think the increase in energy is either, but I'm not sure.    It could be that the decrease in pain has made it easier to keep going.  


At first I had no medical supervision, but when I went to the VA, my doctor decided to monitor my condition.  So I'll be getting the results of my Sirolimus test, which is the generic name of Rapamycin, to check the levels.  





No comments:

Post a Comment