Saturday, September 9, 2023

Ambien Miracle


 


I have gotten in the habit of taking Ambien for sleep.  Well, not so great.  But it is what it is.  About two weeks ago I upped the dose from 10 mg to 15 mg.  I know, also not so good.  So I ran out of Ambien.  


I really thought I had more on the way, but checking with the pharmacy, no, it would be a while.  About 10 days after I was out.  I began cutting back with what was left, and spoke to the pharmacist, trying to convince her to send those pills NOW!  "Well, why are you out?"  I admitted to taking extra on a few difficult days.  "Why don't you ask the doctor to increase your dose to 15 mg a day and then we can send a new prescription right away."  Well, he wasn't going to do that, but I spoke to his nurse anyway.   She sounded very doubtful.  


So the bitter end had come and I was out of Ambien.  Brace yourself.  I went to the mailbox.  Before I opened it I prayed for Ambien.  There was no Ambien.  


Fine.   I was looking for a letter that fell under and shelf later today, and what did I see?  A bottle of Ambien.  This seemed curious.  I checked when it was filled.  2021.   Strange.  A whole unopened bottle of Ambien.  That's a relief.  



No comments:

Post a Comment