Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Kitchen Clock Is Coming Soon


After a great deal of deliberation, and weighing all pros and cons, this is the clock I finally settled on for the kitchen.  Why?  Is it glorious?  Well, it crosses all the i's and dots all the t's.   Do I like the looks of it?  I suppose compared to some clocks it is nice looking.  Seiko again?  Is Seiko some great clock maker?  They seem to be pretty good.  At least from my own experience.  While this does have all the numbers, which is not a given in clock land, they are skinny, unobtrusive numbers.  Yet there would likely not be a moment when it's unclear where the hand is pointing.  It's 12", so not too big, not too small, just right.  Thank you Goldilocks.   There is a second hand.  It's got it all.  It lacks some of the beauty I've seen in clocks, but too much beauty looks funny on the kitchen wall.  It was a hard choice because there were other clocks I liked.  I think I have a psychological clock disorder of some sort.   I get so focused on clock perfection.  Is clock perfection necessary?  Well, it probably doesn't exist, and so one spends time pursuing an impossible quest that is irrelevant.  So finally it just has to be settled.  I sure hope this arrives in one piece.  They advertised that the batteries are included.  Wow.  





 

2 comments:

  1. Do you know how to put in batteries?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sundials don't use batteries. I know how to use normal batteries.

    ReplyDelete