Thursday, August 17, 2023

A Day of Sunshine

 

Really, it's been more than a day of sunshine.   About two months ago, I suddenly realized that the freezer section of the refrigerator wasn't working and everything had thawed out.  A few days earlier I had tidied up the freezer and tried to reorganize it.  After everything thawed out it was very messy.  I didn't bother to tidy it up again, but just focused on getting the freezer working.  It seemed to be OK for a couple of weeks.  I thought the hot weather had confused it.  Then the drawer froze shut.  I turned both the refrigerator and the freezer off for most of the day.  Eventually I was able to open the drawer.  Then I closed it.  Then it iced up inside and froze closed again.  


I finally took everything out of the freezer and put it in the big freezer in the shed.  I took the bin out and cleaned it up, and cleaned inside the freezer.  I thought I might have to call a repairman, and if he saw what a mess the freezer was in he would think I was pond scum.  I defrosted the daylights out of the freezer and left the drawer open until all the ice was gone.  Things seemed to be OK until I put the bin back in.  Then the drawer froze again.   OK, fine.  I'll just use the refrigerator.  


Then I put my little egg cooker gadget in the microwave.  The microwave stopped working.   The eggs are still sitting in the microwave uncooked.  I suppose I'll throw them away.  Later.  Well, I'll go ahead and have bacon.  I've been making the bacon on the sautee setting in the Instant Pot.  Then the Instant Pot stopped working.  


So it's unanimous.  


Wait.  The stove works.  







7 comments:

  1. It was a wonderful sunny day and I was excited because my sister was coming to visit. I watch the clock and as each minute passed my heart jumped in anticipation for the overdue visit. When that call finally came, that announced their arrival, I rushed to my car to drive home and prepare a feast. It was not to be.

    A tornado had block every single access to my home. Trees were down on every road and emergency vehicles block access due to downed power lines. My sister stay in a lovely hotel on a plush bed with a wonderful morning buffet. Me? Not so much.

    When there is a disaster brewing, some things can be very deceptive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pressure button on my instant Pot quit. Did you do this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently. We always blame Betty around here

      Delete
    2. Betty is the imaginary housekeeper. She sometimes is a rascal.

      Delete