Wednesday, August 23, 2023

An Urgent Call From Rabbit Man


 


I was surprised to hear from Rabbit Man this evening.  Had we been drinking water?  Had we taken any salt?  Had we put rubbing alcohol on to cool off?   What's the temperature here?   He was alarmed about the heat, and asked about Mom.  "She wasn't well yesterday and spent all day in bed.  She said she felt dizzy.  I think it was the heat."  "I'm sure it was," he said.  She's better today, having slept with the air conditioner on last night.  


I had done none of these things and I was pretty sure we needed extra salt.  I asked him what the temperature was there. "It's 112º.  This is dangerous weather."  So I immediately put on alcohol rub, took about half a teaspoon of salt in a glass of water, and then gave Mom the same treatment.  It amazes me that he called about it.   I called him back to let him know I had done everything.  He said, "I put the alcohol on about once an hour."   He mentioned that the forecast is that it will begin to cool down on Sunday.  








2 comments:

  1. I hope today is better. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I would say the heat has been oppressive. The salt helped.

      Delete