Wednesday, June 19, 2024

LDS Food Storage (Later Day Saints)


The Mormon Tabernacle
Salt Lake City, Utah



I am still doing pantry stocking.  In the past I've shopped at the online LDS food storage, called Provident Pantry.  The Mormon Church requires that members have a two years food supply, and so it is that the Later Day Saints have a grocery section at economical prices.  I'm not Mormon, however, the store will sell to anyone.  The only problem with this store is the selection.  It's pretty basic: black beans, rice, flour, wheat berries, potato flakes, macaroni, non fat milk, and a few other things.  What am I considering?  Black beans, rice, macaroni.  


I''ve heard that in other times, I think WWII probably, Mormon families were really rescued by their two year food storage supply.  Another interesting fact that I've heard is that contrary with what so many people have told me when I've spoken about long term food storage in conversations, the Mormons who were in emergency situations with their two year supply of food seldom reported anyone raiding their homes to take their food.  This is a criticism I've heard over and over.  My main motivation is the concern of inflation making groceries harder to afford, not so much food shortages.  



No comments:

Post a Comment