Saturday, November 11, 2023

The A2 Honeymoon is Over


 

I would say I'm disappointed with the results of the A2 experiment.  However, I actually don't even like milk or even cream.  I am OK going back to my coconut milk/almond milk treat in coffee.  


When I was very young, I was required to drink a glass of milk every night with dinner.   Being allergic to milk, this didn't add to dinner enjoyment.  The glass of milk seemed to loom before me.  But neither I nor anyone else understood what the problem was.  Mrs. Billingsley, being an amateur psychiatrist, told me once that hatred of milk was caused by hatred of one's mother.   This was not just being stubborn about milk.  This was evil at its height.   I really did feel guilty about my dislike of milk, but it didn't improve my relationship, either with milk or with my sainted mother.  


As I got older, I tried cheese.  Well, that was a little better.   One morning as a teenager I complained of being tired.  Mrs. Billingsley had the solution.  Coffee with cream and sugar, milk really, was put in front of me.  "Drink this."  Well, okay.  


There are some dishes that contain dairy that it would be nice to have, but this was my last attempt at including them.   No more of these dreadful reactions for me.  


Let me just say, there are vegan substitutes that I like just as well.  



No comments:

Post a Comment