Thursday, July 20, 2017

Diet Journal

I used to eat RyKrisp rye crackers.  Sadly, this company went the way of the dodo in 2013.  Then I found Finn Crisp.  I bought the Thin rye crackers with sourdough.  My, it is tasty!  

I ate these with split pea soup.  Delectable.  

I decided to see what else I could do with rye, since I try to avoid wheat.  There are rye spirals, a pasta.  I also bought a couple of types of rye bread.  I bought some rye flour.  I used to make rye bread using baking soda. In reading rye recipes, someone said to use apple cider vinegar instead of water to enhance the gluten in the rye.  Maybe I will.  The rye bread I used to make was truly sumptuous.  

Today I had butternut squash.  I wanted fries, so I went to the trouble of peeling my squash, and cutting it into fries, then deep fat frying.  They're good.  

And then for dinner I had olives again.  

I'm very happy with the nice food treats I've found endeavoring to go vegetarian.  Will I stay vegetarian?  Maybe.  I know I will continue to enjoy my wonderful vegetarian foods.  



No comments:

Post a Comment