Thursday, July 13, 2017

Diet Journal


It was a wonderful day in vegetarian land.  I slept well and felt well.  I think I may check my blood pressure and see if that's OK. 

Today for brunch I had refried beans.  Once again I considered asparagus for dinner, but actually didn't feel hungry, and skipped it.  

One of the nice things about my vegetarian diet is that it's been so easy to prepare meals.  

I am down two pounds from where I started.  I haven't felt hungry or weak.  My only complaint was having an allergic reaction to garbanzo beans.  

Today I did something I haven't been able to do for a long time.  Usually I either sit down to dress, or hold on to something, because I can't stand on one leg to put on jeans, etc.  But today I was able to dress without sitting or holding on to something, standing on each leg one at a time.  Other times that I've done this, I just begin sinking.  Not falling, but slowly going down.  

I'm going to find the link I was reading about a vegetarian diet for rheumatoid arthritis.  It's been exciting to have the pain levels going down.   Imagine if my legs just healed and the rheumatoid arthritis went away.  Now I need to exercise more because I haven't been able to use my legs very much.  My goal is to walk two miles a day, either with or without crutches or a cane.  I also plan to do strenght training.  I'll get buff!!

I hope if someone else is struggling with rheumatoid arthritis my experience may be an encouragement for them.  

Good night dear friends.  Sweet dreams.  


No comments:

Post a Comment