Thursday, December 14, 2023

Trying Out My Pickled Eggs


 

I ate a pickled egg in celebration of the fast ending.  Hmmm.  Now mind you, this is the first time I've made pickled eggs.  How were they?  Well, they tasted like they were in too much vinegar, which I'm pretty sure they were.   Mrs. Billingsley ate one too, because she's a good sport.  She said they're too vinegary.  And besides that, it tastes like there are no spices.  


Back to the drawing board.  Let me just say, before I attempted pickled eggs I must have watched a dozen videos on Youtube, and also heard Rabbit Man's instructions.  When the dust settled I was confused.  But now I've sorted it all out better, so maybe the next ones will be better. 


What if...what if I made a new brine for these funny eggs and switched that brine out for one that isn't so vinegary?  Are these eggs beyond redemption?  Who knows?   I guess they're edible as they are.  I'm thinking of making them into egg salad, which would probably disguise the vinegary taste.   But not today.  







No comments:

Post a Comment