Tuesday, December 12, 2023

A Spooky Experience


 


More than 10 years ago, I bought quinine sulfate from the Canadian Pharmacy for muscle cramps.   I did have a prescription.  Since that time I've gotten regular calls from people claiming to be calling for the Canadian Pharmacy about a refill on my prescription.  No, not needed.  Please put me on your do not call list.  I continued to receive calls, always with US numbers, not Canadian.   Today they did something they've never done before, and offered to sell me Valium.  They said I bought it before.  No I didn't.   


Lately I've heard horror stories about people who buy Valium or Percocet from black market sources.  The scary thing is around 70% of these drugs are fentanyl made by labs in Mexico to look like the real thing.  However, last year over 80,000 died of fentanyl poisoning.    The weird thing about this call is that they knew my number and said they were from the Canadian Pharmacy.  I didn't have this number when I ordered from the Canadian Pharmacy.  Also, if I had decided to buy the Valium,  I probably would have believed that a pharmacy sold it to me.   It's the first time someone has  called to try and sell me narcotics.   I suppose the eerie thing is the level that the drug cartels are at here.   Now they're cold calling.  


I mentioned it today at the beauty shop.   My stylist has been telling me about fentanyl deaths of acquaintances.  She said that there are a lot of murders locally related to it that are made to look like suicides.   


I mentioned to my brother that the fentanyl problem has exploded in the last five years.  Over 110,000 people died of overdoses last year.  He said, "Well, the opioid problem isn't limited to the United States.  It's all over the world."  80% of the opioids are sold in the US.   So I don't think he's correct about that.   A lot of people have taken what they were told was Valium or Percocet and died within a few minutes of fentanyl poisoning, since the pill is often 100% fentanyl, which is 50 times stronger than heroin.   A dose the size of two grains of salt can be fatal.  It is more likely than not that there will be a fatal dose of fentanyl in a Valium or a Percocet in drugs bought from illegal sources.  I just can't wrap my head around this.  I think people should be warned.  





No comments:

Post a Comment