Thursday, December 21, 2023

Amerigas Loses War




My new 330 gallon propane tank is being delivered tomorrow by a new company, filled with propane.  


First thing this morning I went to the Sheriff 's Department and spoke to a deputy.  I tried to get the sheriff to arrest the Amerigas people.  No, this is a civil matter.  She steered me to a gas and propane company that she said would help me.  The problem is that I had already tried to find another company, but I would need another propane tank.  The company I called yesterday said they could do that, but not until April 2024.  The deputy said she would call the company she recommended, explain the situation to them and ask them to expedite new service.  


As soon as I got home, I called the new company, and they asked me if I wanted to buy a tank outright instead of renting.  Yes!  I know we've paid for the tank in the yard that was rented from Amerigas at least five times over.  They probably make more money from renting tanks than from selling gas and propane.  My choice - 250 gallon or 330 gallon.  The price difference was $100.  I wanted the 330 gallon tank.  They told me that due to the situation with my poor mother, they'll bring it over tomorrow.   Amerigas will have to come over and get their tank and the monitor they forced onto me.  We had adequate propane at the time the monitor was put on, and I suspect that the monitor caused the propane to leak out and empty the tank.  


Imagine, my very own 330 gallon propane tank full of propane for Christmas.  Yay!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment