Friday, December 22, 2023

Amerigas Customers Flee


 


Today my beautiful new 330 gallon propane tank arrived.   Two men came over in trucks, one carrying the tank with a winch to put it in place, and the other driving a propane truck.  One of them was the husband of the sheriff's deputy I spoke to,  in my attempt to unleash the law on Amerigas.   She had encouraged me to get service with my new propane supplier.  They arrived today with my new tank, and put the Amerigas tank out by the road.  Then they put 255 gallons of propane in my tank.  I actually purchased this tank rather than rent it.  


I took photos of the luny job Amerigas did connecting their monitor to the tank.  They actually fastened it in place with duck tape directly on the pressurized opening in the tank.  Not surprisingly, all my propane soon leaked out.  Amerigas tried to convince me that a "third party" contractor installed this ricky ticky thing.  I saw Amerigas do it with my own eyes!!  


One of the people getting the new propane service set up told me that Amerigas customers have been leaving Amerigas in droves.  The purpose of the "monitor" was to prevent other propane sellers from filling the tanks.  Today I paid $1.99 a gallon for propane, but Amerigas is charging $4 a gallon, and trying to force everyone to pay them that, just in time for winter.   


It was a godsend to have my new propane service set up so quickly.  The other company said they would do it in April.  We would have frozen by then.   The heat is on in a cheery way.  And the dryer works again too.  I can use the stove again.   Yay!


I don't know if Amerigas will be as negatively impacted by their terrible ploy as they should be.  I'm really glad to be rid of them in any case.  






No comments:

Post a Comment