Thursday, December 7, 2023

I Burned the Boxes


 


I let the box situation get out of hand, I guess.  Janet had offered sometime before Thanksgiving to help me burn the boxes.  We had settled on a day about three weeks ago because there was supposed to be rain.  But a lot of times rain is accompanied by strong winds around here.  So the wind cancels the benefit of burning boxes when it rains.  It was kinder than kind of Janet to offer, but still, I was relieved that it never happened.  


However, the time had come that I really had to burn boxes.  Rabbit Man had tried to help by giving me a gadget to cut up the boxes instead of burning them.  He was very put out that I was afraid of the gadget.  Why?  Well, it had a sharp, scary blade that whirled at high speed.  No way.  I knew I would cut off one hand and put out an eye and plus injure others.  But Rabbit Man doesn't understand that I know me.  He operates on knowing Rabbit Man.   So the Rabbit Man solution had been sniffed at, and I had only myself to blame.  


Well, I could hire Tuna's husband.  This thought was enough to propel me into action.   I think I can.  I think I can.  I started taking boxes out to the special little burning place.  It took me an hour and a half to transport the boxes.  Cheesh.  Why had I let it get so out of hand?  Well, I procrastinated and then after Thanksgiving I sprained my ankle.  So things happened.  Finally my ankle healed, and the coast was clear.  


I burned the boxes in stages.  About three stages.  I put around 50 boxes into a pile and set them on fire.  Then another 50.  Finally the stragglers.   That took around 45 minutes.  So the whole project took about three hours.  I feel like a good person for doing a big chore.   Now I'll celebrate.   How?  Jalapeño poppers, I guess.  Yay!



No comments:

Post a Comment