Sunday, October 1, 2023

Trying Out Microwave Skillet

 

I received my microwave skillet and decided to try to roast a chicken thigh in it.  Right.  That was pretty ridiculous.  I finally got out a plate and just put it on the plate in the microwave with another plate on top.  That worked OK.  


Then I decided, well, surely it will heat up bratwurst in the microwave.  No.  Well, define heat.  After the recommended time the bratwurst was up to about body temperature.   Not exactly sizzling.  


???  I heated the bratwurst on a plate with a plate on top.  


This evening I needed to cook chicken again so it doesn't spoil.  I coated it with egg, and rolled it in almond flour with salt, then fried it on the stove in avocado oil.  After that I put it in the microwave skillet for five minutes on each side to finish it inside.  That was a success.  


I don't know what the problem is with this microwave skillet.  I suppose my microwave is not high wattage.   






7 comments:

  1. https://letsfoodie.com/how-to-microwave-sausages/
    apparently, you aren't the only one who's disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the problem wan't using the microwave, since that's how I usually fix them. The pan just didn't work.

      Delete
    2. I guess. They were using a microwave dish. It sounded like it didn't work either.

      Delete
    3. I had hoped that my microwave dish was going to make the microwave more useful. I feel silly to have fallen for marketing hype. I know microwaves have their limits.

      Delete
    4. Yes, after it was cooked on the stove first.

      Delete
    5. I made fried chicken again tonight and used this skillet to get the inner temperature up to 170º. Yeah, I guess it's good for that. Five minutes and it's perfect. I suppose I'll have to work with this skillet and see what I can do with it. Supposedly you can make pizza with it. I'm very doubtful about that. Still, I might try it.

      Delete