Thursday, October 26, 2023

Mayo Fail




I decided to make mayo yesterday.  You don't decide to make mayo.   That's like deciding what a cat will be doing today.  


It seemed like everything was the same.  However, I have no mayo.  I have a Mason jar with something horrible in it.  I don't know what to do.  I watched videos about fixing broken mayo.  This is doubtful.  I've tried this before and wound up putting perfectly good eggs into frightful looking stuff to no avail.  


One thing that may have been a factor in this catastrophe is that it was hot in the kitchen.  The weather has been warm and I was also using the toaster oven.   It doesn't seem to have involved the ingredients.  I suppose I'll go ahead and try to fix it before I throw it out.  


Please please pleeeeease emulsify dear mayo.  


UPDATE


I went ahead and tried to fix the mayo.  The fix called for two egg yolks but no whites.  Put them into an empty jar and put the failed mayo on top of it, then blend, a lot.  I put in three egg yolks for good measure.  To this I added about 1 cup of failed mayo and blended blended blended until it became obvious that I now had failed mayo plus three more egg yolks.  So I put the rest of the not mayo into the ruins with a capful of extra vinegar and blended that.  And it emulsified!  Yay!  


That's what I did today in paradise.  






 

No comments:

Post a Comment