Monday, October 30, 2023

A2 Milk



 Braum's Leading the way with A2 fresh milk - Braum's


How interesting.  Possibly I'm the only one that thinks so.  I've been puzzling over the dairy and beef situation, thinking, "How can I ever eat beef or dairy again?  Does it all have antibiotics, growth hormones, prions, and other horrors?  What about organic?"  I've made so much noise about this around here that poor Mrs. Billingsley won't touch beef or dairy, except for organic half and half.   And even then she's not convinced of the safety because I've been shocked to read about the level of devastation among deer and elk from Chronic Wasting Disease.  Therefore she reasons that probably even if the cattle were Mad Cow free they would surely come down with Chronic Wasting Disease and then people would also come down with it.  Well, no one knows.  They say cattle are not susceptible to it.  I don't think they are, unless there is a mutation.  But hearing that the fields and pastures and hay are contaminated has horrified her.  Well, that's very bad if you're a deer or elk.  


This thinking has caused me to try to find a solution to bad beef and bad dairy.   Maybe the Amish?  But there are no Amish around here.  Then it occurred to me that I used to go to Braum's every week to buy beef and dairy, because it was way way better than any of the other beef and dairy.  However, Mrs. Billingsley had convinced me to switch to Angus beef.  This turned out to be a bad idea.  


But suddenly it dawned on me that Braum's is still there.  Checking out what they had to say about their milk impressed me.  Their cows eat a vegetarian diet, and are not given antibiotics or growth hormone.  Their entire herd produces A2 milk, which is a type of casein in the milk.  Most milk is A1.  They are the largest A2 herd in the US.  This makes a big difference for some people.  They concentrate the reduced fat and fat free milk so that it contains more protein and 50% more nutrients and tastes better.  And they are about to begin production of a lactose free reduced fat milk.  All of their dairy products are A2, antibiotics and growth hormone free from vegetarian cows.  I think it was feeding cattle animal protein that started the Mad Cow problem.  So this should eliminate the prion problem.  This amazes me.  And besides that, their beef is better too.  It would be great if this worked out.   I'm going to try Braum's again.  





No comments:

Post a Comment