Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Is There a Link Between Covid-19 and Alzheimer's Disease?

 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35912749/#:~:text=In%20this%20retrospective%20cohort%20study,ratio%20or%20HR%3A1.69%2C%2095


The question has been raised whether infection with Covid-19 has been linked to increased cases of Alzheimer's.  Put a different way, the question has been raised whether the Covid-19 vaccines have been linked to an increase in Alzheimer's Disease.  


Is Alzheimer's a "disease"?  Surprisingly, there is some debate over this.  I suppose it is a semantic question.   Disease was originally defined as being caused by a germ.   Calling Alzheimer's a disease is playing loosely with the term disease, since it is not known to be caused by a germ, which would be a virus or a bacterium.  Well, OK.  


In fact, there is a correlation with the  onset of Alzheimer's Disease and Covid-19.  Some firmly believe that there is a correlation between the Covid-19 vaccines and the onset of Alzheimer's Disease.  

The medical community has been quick to deny this idea as preposterous.  A personal example:  I don't take flu vaccines because they always make me feel terrible for a day or so.  And then I catch the flu.  I said this to a doctor once, a woman at the VA who was what I would describe as arrogant and rude,  and she exploded at me, saying in a loud, hysterical, and demented sounding shriek, "The flu vaccine didn't give you the flu!!!!"  This I never said.  I said I came down with the flu in spite of the vaccine.  But it caused me to wonder at the level of response I had evoked from this twinkie.  How does she herself know for sure that the flu vaccines don't cause the flu?  She knows absolutely nothing about it in reality.  She has an assumption.  I was surprised that this had provoked her. What had summoned her irrational anger at the statement I made?  Probably taking too many flu vaccines.  

In fact, following contracting Covid-19, the likelihood of  the onset of Alzheimer's Disease did increase.  Connecting the dots, considering the level of compliance with the Covid-19 vaccines, there would be a correlation with taking the vaccine with the onset of Alzheimer's Disease.  


How could this be?  I can only speculate, but I don't mind doing that.  Most egregiously is the nature of the vaccine itself.  Was this even a vaccine?  Not by traditional standards.  It didn't prevent Covid-19.  There were claims that it lessened the level of impact when and if one acquired Covid-19, which I would call unconvincing.  But then, were people intentionally infected and given either Covid-19 or Alzheimer's?


People were intentionally given the spike protein made by Covid-19.  Keyword: protein.  This protein theoretically stayed put in the arm.  Did that happen?  No.  It travelled around the body.  To the brain?  Conceivably.  


Recently a study was done to determine if some Alzheimer's patients were misdiagnosed and in fact suffered from Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease.  The answer was yes.  This was determined on autopsy.  Was this a rare finding?  Not really.  I think the number was 5%.  Reading further on this topic, I found that this number is not known, with some neurologists putting the number at 10% and some as high as 25%.  


So?  What is believed to cause Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease?  It is called a prion disease and thought to be caused by a misfolded protein in the brain.  Connecting more dots.  Prion is a protein.  Spike protein is a protein.  Alzheimer's can in fact be CJD, which is a protein disorder of the brain.  


Do I believe that the spike protein injected in the Covid-19 vaccine was a misfolded prion or caused CJD?  I would say it hasn't been ruled out.  At the time the Covid-19 spike proteins were being administered, the Alzheimer's cases also spiked.  I think it's cause for concern.  


My feeling is that the most likely connection between Covid-19 and Alzheimer's Disease is a general weakening of health.  How does this cause Alzheimer's?  No one actually knows.  Age is the main factor.  


And is there more dementia among younger people since Covid-19?  This I haven't explored.  It seems to me that there are plenty of demented people under age 65, at least in my world.  






 



No comments:

Post a Comment