Monday, May 1, 2023

The Electric Kettle Has Arrived


Hey, this is nice!  There was no problem plugging it in.  I put it in front of the microwave and the cord easily reached the outlet.  There was plenty of space on the counter in front of the microwave.  


I immediately filled the kettle with 1.8 liters of cold water and turned it on.  I came back six minutes later.  The water had come to a boil and the kettle shut itself off.  Bubbles were still rising from the boiling.  It has pretty lights around to bottom when it's heating the water. 


I could see from the photo that the opening was a little small and wondered if I could reach my hand inside.  My hands are medium size women's hands, and easily fit inside with no danger of having trouble pulling either one of them out.  So this made me think, "Well, this is easy to clean.  So maybe I can heat tomato soup in here."  I read numerous answers to questions about it on Amazon.  No one suggested putting anything but water in it, with the exception of one person that wanted to put coffee grounds in it.  Someone answered the question very negatively.  I was sure they didn't know if that was a problem.  You would think there was a danger of explosion with the way the question was answered.   I think it might burn on the bottom and be hard to clean.  But it might not.  


So maybe this was a good idea. 



 

5 comments:

  1. I caught a squirrel in my trap today. It was sunny. There was no bait, but it was right next to the raised bed and would have made a nice step. Except this was a curious squirrel. We are going to the dump...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you're going to the dump to drop off the squirrel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He couldn't wait to investigate.

    ReplyDelete