Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Spring in the Rearview Mirror


 

Goodness knows, I'm not complaining.  It's not dreadfully hot yet.  This year has been much cooler so far than last year.  Last year I began using the air conditioner in April.  But it's only one more day till June, and so far it hasn't been necessary.  


I have a plan anyway.  In hot weather I keep the bathtub full of water.  If I should roam around into weeds and bushes, as soon as I come inside I put my clothes in the dryer and soak in the nice cool bathtub for a while.  Then the bugs that may have found me are either drowned or relocated in the dryer if they got on my clothes.  I usually change my shoes, too.  And it feels so wonderful in the cold water.  


But how cold is the water?  The weather service says the current temperature is 77º.  The thermometer says the water is about 72º.  That's not that cold.  I took my own temperature out of curiosity....98.3º.  One would think that the cold water would cause a slight drop, but after 10 minutes it had gone up to 98.7º.  Weird.  This has happened before.  


The cold water is so invigorating, and it helps with achiness too.  This isn't a good plan for the winter though.  It makes a nice relief in hot weather.  


Oh, looky.  Here's what I need.  An ice cube maker.  











4 comments:

  1. We had a hard freeze last week but tomorrow it will hit 90.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you usually have a hard freeze in May?

      Delete
    2. before global warming? yes.

      Delete
  2. ☃️☃️☃️☃️☃️☃️☃️☃️☃️ Like little tiny snowmen running up and down my spine!

    ReplyDelete