Thursday, May 18, 2023

Playing the Write My Senator Card

 



A long time ago a drill sergeant had a conversation with me that was something like this, "Did you write your senator?"  He was noticeably pale.  I did not write my senator, but I didn't say that I hadn't, seeing that I had the upper hand.  I decided to play this ball to my advantage while it was in my court.  "Well....I think my mother may have."  And many of my problems were then solved.  


  Lesson:  Play the senator card.  But only in emergencies, because it causes mayhem.   Today I played threatened to play the senator card.  My letter is partly written.   However, before I finished it, it looked like I was prevailing.  We'll see.  I still think it may come to that.  


I suppose I would call the senator card the ace of spades.







No comments:

Post a Comment