Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Hard Boiled Egg Excitement Mounts


 


I boiled water in the electric kettle.  Then I put a dozen eggs in immediately.  That was 10 minutes ago.  My plan is to let the water gradually cool and then see how badly I ruined a dozen beautiful eggs.  


UPDATE 1


After 30 minutes I cooled the water and peeled one of the eggs.  It wasn't quite poached.  Yuck.  I filled the vessel with water again and put the rest of the eggs back on the heater to boil a second time.  I was convinced they would be as hard a golf balls when the water boiled, and removed one from the hot water after waiting five minutes.  This time I didn't pour out all the hot water though.   It still wasn't  hard boiled.  The white weren't even cooked yet.  


I suppose I should have allowed the water to completely cool to start with.   I'm not sure this is the way to hard boil eggs.   Even if any of this try is a success,  I don't have technique that I can replicate.  


UPDATE 2


Incredibly, there was hard boiled egg success.   After I had first boiled the water and then put the eggs in, and was met with an egg fail at about 30 minutes,  I put the kettle back on boil with all the eggs still in it, and brought it back to a boil.  I waited another half an hour, and tried another egg.  This one was pretty much hard boiled perfection, but it didn't seem to peel very well.  I would say it needed another round of boiling to really cook the whites.  So, this is a learning curve.  


I made another batch of then eggs just now.  This time I put them in the water and then set them to boil.  Then I'll just let them cool off and try one.  So we'll see. 


Does it seem that this method is flawed?  Well, so far my complaint is waiting an hour after the eggs are in boiling water.  And I'm not sure that's enough.  But if I could find a system that only required one step, putting the eggs in a vessel to boil, I think the tradeoff of waiting an hour would be OK.  It just seems less stressful.  Also, this was a dozen eggs.  It had been taking the same hour plus 6 1/2 minutes of cooking in the microwave for my previous method.  That was a good method but only resulted in four eggs for all that time.  I like the idea of 12 eggs per 1+ hour.   Then, at least one problem will be solved.  


UPDATE 3


I put 10 eggs in the kettle, filled the water to the max line and turned on the kettle.  Soon the water came to a boil and I left the eggs in for an hour and 15 minutes.  I tested one, and was ecstatic that I finally had hard boiled eggs success.  Well, I was happy about it, anyway.   Then I put my treasures in the fridge.  I'm happy with my kettle, too.   The egg peeled easily, too.   What's so special about this method over using the stove?  The kettle automatically turns itself off, so I can put the eggs in, turn it on and come back when I please.  No more stove dictatorship.   











6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤️😊πŸ₯°πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‡πŸ™‚πŸ™ƒπŸ˜Ž❤️

      Delete
  2. πŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯š

    ReplyDelete
  3. πŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯šπŸ₯š

    ReplyDelete