Friday, May 5, 2023

Hard Boiled Egg Perfection Achieved



 

WOW!!!   Today I made perfect hard boiled eggs.  The yolk, hard boiled but not cooked to pieces.  Just right.  Absolutely no greenish tinge around the yolk.  The white, attaining a completely cooked consistency but tender and delicate.  


Not only have I never cooked a hard boiled egg like this, I don't think I've ever even seen one before.  It peeled without any hesitation at all, as if it couldn't wait to be free of its prison of egg clothing, dancing nude with abandonment.  It was a thing of beauty.  


How how how did I ever accomplish this?  Well, I guess I can tell you.  






This miraculous device came all the way from China.  Good job China.  


How long did it take to accomplish this miracle?  Nine minutes in the microwave, then two minutes to cool before opening it, then two minutes running cold water over the eggs while in the opened Egg Pod.  So 13 minutes total for four eggs.  


Oh, four eggs.  Not a dozen?  Not twenty?   Well, OK, no.  But in an hour you could have 16 perfect eggs.   This is a better system than trying to make them in the electric kettle, which didn't cook them as well, and took over an hour.  And it's better than using the Instant Pot, which overcooked them.  So with neither of those methods, for about the same amount of time, did such a beautiful egg result.  


And is there anything I wish were different?  Well, in a perfect world, one would put a dozen eggs in the microwave, set it for nine minutes, come back later and, without doing any more timing or being there at the exact right time, have these wondrous eggs.   I had to remember to come back in eleven minutes and run them under water for two minutes.   And still, there were only four.  I need a dozen or so.  


Still, I'm very happy with my egg success.  I have conquered eggdom.  









4 comments:

  1. I too have an egg pod. It's very civilized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why did you keep this a secret from me? What else don't I know?

      Delete
  2. when you're ready grasshopper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Grasshopper? Anyway, I'm ready Freddy.

      Delete