Friday, February 10, 2023

More Zing


 


How is the ketone situation with me?  I've been on the ketogenic diet a long time, several years.  I've continued because it was beneficial.  Is it perfect?  Well, it's better than most.  Besides probably keeping me out of diabetes, I think my muscle mass is better than some, just looking around.  I haven't been very good about exercise lately, but maybe I'll bite the bullet and do that too.  It's just that my past efforts have been discouraging.  Once I was in the gym.  A muscular man was telling me that he had been working out for six months.  Well, he looked like Mr. Olympia.  I had been knocking myself out with exercise for six months.  I flexed my arm.  Well, it looked a little more toned, enough to carry in the groceries.  Who knows?  Maybe ketones will help.  I think the way I've handled health is to do either the best diet I knew how to do, or a lot of exercise, but not both at the same time.  I suppose either one raised the level of well being up to the point of adequate, so why do both?  


All this ketogenic dieting has not resulted in much ketosis however.  Probably due to inadequate exercise.  Did it matter?  I didn't think so, but maybe.  Therefore I started taking "exogenous ketones," meaning ketones supplements.  Even that takes a lot supplements for me.  


And what benefits can I point to from this latest effort?  More zing.  



No comments:

Post a Comment