Sunday, February 12, 2023

Keto Fail


 

My keto experiment has gone very wrong.  I had decided to take exogenous ketones and be in ketosis.  I think it seemed like it would help with general neurological health like better sleep.  


I did manage to go into ketosis most of the time.  The strange thing is that I was checking my fasting glucose in the mornings and noticed it was really getting out of hand.  Why?  Who knows.  It had started out being in the 90s, but then it went higher and higher every day - 110, then 115, and finally above 125.  


Today I woke up to fasting glucose of 132, which is a first.  The only change has been the exogenous ketones, mostly from ketone salts.  So today there were no exogenous ketones.  By this afternoon my glucose was 114, which is at least going in the right direction.  


This is just weird.  So the ketone salts are out.  But I am going to wait a few days and see if MCT oil is OK.  


I've never actually tried raspberry ketones.  



No comments:

Post a Comment