Wednesday, February 22, 2023

100% Chance of Rain?


 


Yesterday the National Weather Service announced that there would be a 100% chance of rain.  Also it would be windy.  There might even be tornados.  I've heard all this before.  When would it rain?  Overnight 100%, and this morning 100%.  We'll see. 


I looked at the sky about an hour ago.  "I'm just not seeing anything more than overcast," I declared.  "I don't see 100% chance of rain."  


Today is probably the day that trash services will come by.  I say this because, for the first time in two years, they've shown up regularly once a week.  Usually twice a month was their max.  The CEO of trash services apparently wasn't aware that as likely as not there was no trash collection on a regular basis, because he had hired someone else to collect the trash and they figured out that actually collecting the trash was optional.  There seemed to be few complaints.  But he flat out asked me in a text if the trash had been collected lately. "No."  He was not aware of the craziness of trash collection around here.  Usually the trash didn't get collected until I called his fellow trash service CEO and begged him to call our trash service CEO.  "Animals are scattering the trash all over the place," I whimpered.  "Oh, that's not good," said AJ.  Not just animals.  A bear.  Then our trash service would finally show up.  I really had to get desperate to call AJ, and I would have called our collector, Larry, but Larry would not answer the phone or respond to texts, and I didn't know where he lived.  Ultimately I put the trash in the trunk of the car and hauled it over to the landfill.  Then about two months ago,  trash services began to show up religiously on Wednesdays.  This had never happened before.  But still,  to guess what time he would be there was tricky.  And so it was that I went out around 9:30 this morning to try to snooker the trash collector.  Yay!  Success!


But wait.  What's going on in the sky?  The wind had picked up and a lot and dark clouds were flying around overhead.  I walked around the yard to check for tornados from different vantages.  Probably not.  I gave the feral cats their goody, and then called for Precious, the only one I actually like.  The other cats have just about taken care of Precious.  He was messed up the last time I saw him.  No Precious.  


As soon as I got inside I could hear the rain falling on the roof.  Nice.  So it has rained after all.   


That's life in Paradise today.  







No comments:

Post a Comment