Wednesday, February 1, 2023

BHB Experiment


 

So far my efforts at BHB have gotten off to a rocky start.   This has got to be the devil trying to mess with me.  I must forge ahead.  


It was nice to be notified that my bulk sodium BHB order was arriving today.  But was that so?  UPS notified me that they would be here tomorrow, but Amazon notified me that the BHB was left in my mailbox.  This filled me with dread.  The mailbox is on a steep little hill covered in a sheet of ice.  Finally I took the plastic doormat and made a little path with it by moving it every few steps onto the next icy place.  So that was tedious but successful.  I took the trash out while I was at it.  Of course today is trash day.  UPS might have taken the day off, but surely the trash services will show up.  


I got back to safety and opened my parcel.  That package pretended to be resealable, but clearly it would never reseal, so I was ready with a Mason jar to hold the ketone goodness.  The directions were to take 1 1/3 tablespoons.  I mentally calculated how many servings there were in the container and got nowhere with that.  


I prepared my ketone drink.  It tasted like baking soda in water, until you swallowed it.  Then it tasted like kerosene.   Some people say they know when they are in ketosis because there is an odd taste in their mouth.  I've never noticed that.  We'll see.  



No comments:

Post a Comment