Monday, February 27, 2023

Fair Tuna Makes a Recovery from Long COVID




Tuna called me about three weeks ago and told me she has not been well at all.  She has told me several times she never felt well again after having COVID.  She had also taken the vaccine after she recovered, which has caused problems for some people.   And she didn't want to see me at the beauty shop until she recovered.  


I told her that bromelaine and NAC have helped a lot of people with long COVID, and she wanted to try it.  So I ordered it on Amazon.  I don't know what caused the problem, but the Amazon order never arrived.  I decided to try Mother's Market, in California.  Just a health food store that I knew of.   I actually noticed that they were out of most of their bromelaine and NAC.   Well, maybe there are a lot of people that heard they are good for long COVID.  Anyway, there were delays in me getting any bromelaine and NAC.  Tuna became frantic.  Well, if she was so frantic why didn't she just go to a health food store?  I told her they probably had them at Walmart.  Really!!??


Finally the supplements arrived and she sent her husband over to pick them up.  Today she stopped by ecstatic with how great she feels.  I told her that bromelaine is a pineapple extract that is used as a digestive enzyme and it helps to dissolve proteins, so probably it works on the spike proteins that are the big problem with COVID as well.   "When you shop for groceries you might get a pineapple or some canned pineapple," I suggested.   And what does NAC do?  Uh. I think it raises glutathione levels.  What is glutathione?  Uh.  I think it's an antioxidant the body makes.  "Anyway, be sure to take bromelaine and NAC together," I said.  Yes, yes, she's doing that. 


So we all lived happily ever after. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment