Monday, April 8, 2024

Watching the Eclipse 3





There was more to see than I was able to capture.  But I did record a few videos.  There was a curious thing about two of the videos.  A dot zoomed around all over the place.  During the time the dot was visible I could hear a faint buzz watching the video on my phone, but I don't think it's audible here.  What was that?  

The sky didn't become as dark as I expected.  I thought it would be like nighttime.  It was more like twilight.  Much darker than you usually see at mid day, yes.  I enjoyed looking at the eclipse with my eclipse sun glasses, where I could clearly see the moon move from the left side of the sun (from my viewpoint), completely cover it, and then depart off to the other side.  The sight of the moon completely over the sun with the rays of the sun around it was a beautiful thing to see.  I never saw stars or planets, except I noticed them on photos I took.  I think my glasses obscured them.  Maybe if I had looked at the sky without them I would have seen them.  But, I'll admit, seeing the two planets that I saw wasn't extremely spectacular.  I showed my photos to Mom.  She said, "That doesn't look like much.  A little dot?  A photo of the sun?  Big deal!"  OK. Fine.  I wish were talented enough to take better eclipse photos, but it is what it is.   I showed her the videos of the little blue orbs zooming around.  Oh so what?   So what were they?  They weren't stars or planets.  Maybe they were spirits!  Well, I had a fun time anyway.  

The birds sure noticed the event.  They twittered loudly and flew around excitedly.  There are a lot of birds out there, and they were quite concerned and made a lot of noise.  

That was today in Paradise. 


11 comments:

  1. All my birds were quiet except one. That bird freaked out. BTW, I recognize the face I got in my inbox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The birds were in something of a panic. I think they saw the sun go away, and just figured it was never coming back. And what about the birdlings? Sure, the birds could light a bird candle, but the birdlings? Oh no! We have to fly around like crazy and tweet our heads off.

      Delete
  2. https://youtu.be/ckFdAVFgIR8?si=vkejO3EKmyAagbID

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mt Etna is blowing smoke rings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's curious the way the smoke is in rings coming out of a volcano. But then, I'm not a volcanologist. Maybe this is typical

      Delete
    2. I have another video of the dot zooming around. That dot is kind of a bright blue. I suppose it could be a bug, but I saw no bug and it actually doesn't look like a bug. So maybe, but still, let's just assume it's not a bug. In that case, what is it?

      Delete
    3. The reflection of light off the wings of a bug. It's odd because the light is at an unusual angle. Probably a gnat.

      Delete
    4. or it could be a government surveillance drone. They can be very small and I don't know what places your visit when I'm not watching you. It's the only way to keep track.

      Delete
    5. It's a government drone. I know it.

      Delete
    6. Maybe the fairies have tiny little drones.

      Delete