Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Trying Carnivore


 


The thing that interested me about the carnivore diet is that Mikhaila Peterson spoke of her experience with it on Youtube and said that on the carnivore diet she went into remission from rheumatoid arthritis.  Really??  


I've tossed this idea around in my mind a while.  Hadn't I tried that? Yes, I've been carnivore in the past.  I ate mostly beef and felt well for about two weeks, but then I began to not feel that well and have insomnia.  So I felt that I had done that unsuccessfully.  


In those days I didn't try anything special as far as how the meat was raised or processed.  So I decided to try again with beef that has been given special care.  If all goes well, I thought I would expand the diet and see what works for me.  Not to say I'm completely rogue on my diet currently.  For years I have eaten a keto diet and feel my health has been much improved by it.  But it needs tweaking.  Maybe a lot of tweaking.  Not only has my health been better on keto, but I've looked around at a lot of the people I've known over these years, and some of them haven't fared as well as me.  They seem to me to have less muscle mass.  Often people I've known during this time have had dental problems I haven't had.   I saw people a few years older than me seeming to fall apart with age.   Some people didn't eat a worse diet than they ate in the past, but as they got older, they just didn't tolerate it as well.  For instance, one of my friends put on a whole lot of weight as he aged, and had trouble walking and probably some other health problems.  I also noticed one or two of my older friends begin to develop dementia.  First they just seemed to be more unreasonable around me.  Then I started to see them make less and less sense.  


Still, there seems to be a lot of room for improvement.  If I go on a complete water fast, I feel much less pain from rheumatoid arthritis.  I can see a difference in my face and skin too.  


So I ordered some fancy beef off the internet from BetterFed.  It arrived today, and I ate a New York strip steak for dinner.  Goodness it was good.  So I plan to just eat this beef until I run out and see how it goes.  If suppose if it works and nothing else does, I'll just eat their beef for the rest of my life.  But maybe it won't come to that.  I once went on a salmon diet for about a month that went well.  Salmon and lettuce.   I'm very optimistic about my new plan.  



No comments:

Post a Comment