Sunday, April 14, 2024

I'm Trapped Inside


 


I've been inside all day.   I tried to go outside yesterday, but, in addition to Spot, the Great Pyrenees someone abandoned outside my house, there is now a black female pit bull.   Spot does not try to rush the door or attempt to enter the house.  He's actually had some training along the line, not a lot, but enough to not try and force his way into the house.  However, this new stray did not get the memo.   She's a friendly dog, but this breed is around 60 lb of pure muscle, and can probably have their way most of the time.  She's wants inside.   She's been nursing a fair sized litter of puppies very recently.  I don't know what happened to them.  Judging by what's happened to her, I would guess every mercy was been extended to them.    Probably putting them in a pillowcase and tossing them into the river.  


I guess someone convinced themselves that they threw these dogs "out in the wilderness," not in my yard.  I am about 10 minutes from the town square.  I don't see that as "out in the wilderness."  And even if this were "out in the wilderness," that wouldn't be OK.  I've got to get my camera system running to find out who is doing this.  


I can't go out the door without being rushed by this ball of fire.  I'm huddled inside wondering what to do


.  Why did someone think this was a kinder way of dealing with an unwanted female dog than having her fixed, taking her to the shelter, having her euthanized, or taking out a gun and shooting her?   I've heard people say such things as, "What does God say?"  What does God say where?  "GENESIS!!"  OK, what does God say in Genesis?  "Go forth and multiply!"


Step one.  No more dog food or scraps for any animal.  I can't even feed the birds now.  



No comments:

Post a Comment