Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Severe Thunderstorm


 

There was a noisy thunderstorm last night around 3:00 am.  It lasted until dawn.  All the loud thunder woke me up a few times and I could hear a lot of hail.  But all the noise didn't mean I stayed awake.  


This morning I went in the kitchen.  There was a lot of water where water shouldn't be - on the counter, on the floor.  OK, I must have been sloppy washing dishes last night.  But then there was water all over the stove.   I still don't know why.  It couldn't be that the roof leaks.  


I had forgotten to turn off the ringer on the phone next to Mom's bed.  Someone had called six times during the night.  I checked the caller ID.  No information, except that each time they left a message, and all the calls were between 3:00 am and 6:00 am.  Well, someone will be going on call block.  I listened to the urgent messages.  "Warning!  Severe thunderstorm at 3:00 am.  This is the weather service."  They've never called before.  Now we're told to beware of the thunderstorm.  Get out of the bathtub!  


The feral cats have been nowhere to be seen today, being traumatized by all the noise last night, which I suppose they blame on me.  The yard was covered in blown down branches and leaves, and a lot of untimely fruit fell.  


So that was life in Paradise last night.  







No comments:

Post a Comment