Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Bad Choices?

 




Sometimes I hear others say that many health issues are due to one's own poor choices, especially regarding food.  This is bull.  They will say that years of poor choices caused all your problems.  No no no.  Not so.  

I've been trying to figure out where I went wrong yesterday.  Everything was off kilter today.  Could this be my fault?  I'm not joking when I say I don't think so.  

Today I took my fasting glucose.  120???  I weighed three lbs more than yesterday.  My blood pressure was 150/80.   I puzzled over this.  How much had I eaten anyway?  How many carbs?  Calories?  At what time of day?  





Nathan's hot dogs for breakfast.    It was easy to prepare and not too far off course.  Also filling.  That would have been around 600 calories and maybe 6 carbs.  That seemed OK.  


Then some trouble.  I decided to wash my hair and take a cold bath, since it was a hot day.  The bath was around 75º, which didn't really seem cold.  My temperature was over 98º.  OK.  I stayed for around 30 minutes enjoying the water.  So then I heard thunder.   Should I get out of the water?  No.  I didn't think so.  That probably wasn't thunder...  Soon it was pouring rain, and I became convinced I should rinse my hair and get out of the water.  


Goodness!  I was freezing!  I put on a warm robe and got under the covers.  The weather service reported that it was 82º.  Not possible, I thought.  I took my temperature.  97.5º??  How did that happen?  Maybe I'll take a warm bath and get warmed up.  In a thunderstorm?  


Pretty soon I was in the nice warm water, wondering how things had gotten off the rails.  And it was around 5:00 pm, so it was time to eat.  Eat what?  


Hey, I know.  





I just love this.  Here's my favorite:





So that was it for bad choices yesterday.   How did that translate into all the mischief today?  I read the label.  Well, 30 g of carbs.  Not that bad really.  I looked at the ingredients.  What??  I probably shouldn't have eaten that.  


In the future I don't think I'll stay in a cold bath for half an hour.  Maybe I won't eat New England clam chowder.   I think I'll go on the  carnivore diet. 




 








No comments:

Post a Comment