Thursday, June 8, 2023

Dangerous "pyrex"













I had the experience of a pyrex measuring cup exploding like a grenade in my hand in 2006.  How had I abused this poor cup?  I was putting it in the cupboard.  It happened to gently touch the door of the cupboard and blew up into millions of needles of glass shards in my hand, making an explosive noise like a bomb.  It blew up in my face, and I was cut several places.  In my hand I was still holding the intact handle.  Other than that there was nothing left but slivers of glass that somehow had travelled under an explosive force all over the kitchen, the kitchen floor, along with the floors of dining room, living room, pantry, and laundry room.  I was never able to completely clean up every sliver of broken glass.  This dish was not going from cold to hot, or hot to cold.  I was just putting it in the cupboard.  These dishes are dangerous.  





 

No comments:

Post a Comment