Thursday, June 22, 2023

Orange Man Lost in Tornado







Orange Man

This is Orange Man.  Well, this was Orange Man.  Orange Man II.  Orange Man I was killed by a car.   I don't think Orange Man is coming back.  


I guess I'll write his obituary.  And, unlike most obituaries, I'll include the cause of death.  I hate to say it, but trying to dance around that word does no good.  


FAREWELL ORANGE MAN


On the night of June 18th, Orange Man was probably out in the woods somewhere when about 1:00 am a violent storm came along.  It was not the most violent storm there ever was, if you happened to have shelter, but suppose you were Orange Man out catting around in the woods.   This storm was actually a tornado.  Even with shelter that can be dangerous, but without shelter, it's perilous.  


Orange Man lived a perilous life, being a stray tomcat.   Besides stray dogs and coyotes, he was constantly tangling with other tomcats, who were as opposed to him as opposed could be.  Things had just taken a turn for the better for Orange Man because his nemesis, Ole Grey, a rival tomcat that had taken up at my house, had mysteriously departed.  Orange Man began to come over here every morning, and he was just the sort of kitty I wanted - cute, friendly, polite.  There was never a scratch or a hiss out of Orange Man.  He invited himself into the house and liked to be petted.  The last time I saw him he was obviously limping from an injury to his front leg.  I had noticed this injury a few weeks ago and was worried about him, but what could I do?  Except for a limp, he appeared to have recovered from his injury.  This was a short lived comeback.  


For one thing, Orange Man was my pretty kitty, my special kitty.  He was fluffy and unusual for a number of reasons.  I was convinced he was the father of Orange Man I because they both had a crooked tail and they were both orange.  Unlike Orange Man I, who was very orange, Orange Man II was almost white, with orange tabby undertones.  Most of all, he had the most wonderful personality, like a day of sunshine.  It seems to be dangerous to be my pretty kitty, because the pretty kitties of my life have been short lived.   Gracie, Miss Kitty, Orange Man I, all met their doom.  Now this.  


I didn't see the tornado sweep away Orange Man into the stratosphere, but I connected the dots.  He has not been seen since the tornado. Orange Man has gone to kitty heaven.   Goodbye pretty kitty.  





No comments:

Post a Comment