Monday, September 23, 2019

Broccoli Wins Battle, Loses War









I really thought I had won with the broccoli sprouts.   I rinsed them and drained them for a few hours in the dish drainer, and the rest of the time I kept them in the refrigerator.  I went to the extent of rinsing them with chilled, distilled water for a while, but then switched to filtered, chilled water. Finally I was happy to see I had a crop of broccoli sprouts.  I ate some of them.  

This morning when I got up I ran to see how my broccoli sprouts were doing.  They had not been put in the refrigerator overnight because I had forgotten.  I thought it would be OK because the weather was cooler and it was night.

I took some broccoli sprouts out, thinking I was going to eat them.  

And then.  Pandemonium.  





There was a centipede in the broccoli sprouts.  My first reaction was to scream.  Then I decided it must die.  As you can imagine, it sensed trouble and managed to escape.  

I am getting upset about the broccoli sprouts.  It has occurred to me that I left out something.  Did I pray for my sprouts?  No.  I forgot.  

This made me think.  One day I saw a video about protecting your property from evil.  The message was, "Walk around the perimeter of your property and pray over it.  As you walk around and pray, take olive oil with you and anoint the ground." I thought, "Why not?"  I had a gallon of olive oil and I walked around the whole edge of my property and prayed for God's protection.  I also anointed my car and prayed for it.  

Is there evil lurking in the bushes?  I actually think there is.  One day I was sitting on the back deck, reciting verses.  






Suddenly I saw a man in a hoodie directly before me.  He was turned to the side so that I couldn't see his face.  Weird.  

It was in the fall, and a lot of the leaves were brown, but it wasn't a chilly day.  Even if it were, who would show up standing in front of me with his hoodie up apparently trying to hide his face?  

I stared at the man and he began to very slowly walk away, as if he were trying to move slowly enough that I wouldn't notice.  He made no noise as he walked on the dead leaves, even though he was only a few feet away.  

Who was he?  Why was he standing in front of me?  Could he not have noticed me there?  I had been reciting verses aloud not far from him.  How long had he been there?  I was very unsure about the wisdom of approaching him, so I watched carefully to see where he went.  I couldn't think of a good explanation for him, or the strange way he moved ever so slowly, as if he were a cloud drifting across the sky.  

Eventually, he approached the far edge of my yard, still though, not very far away.  Then...poof!  The man was gone.  Where did he go?  It looked like he became less and less distinct until he wasn't there at all.  

Was I frightened?  I was a little spooked, especially after his weird way of leaving.  

But if it were actually a ghost or spirit, I did notice that it never came on my property.  It walked along the property line where I had walked and prayed for protection.  

Therefore, there is some reason to believe that evil lurks in the bushes.   And also that it can be warded off with prayer.  

So if evil lurks in the bushes, maybe it is after the produce.  

Oh??  I'll pray for my broccoli sprouts.  

UPDATE

I am still puzzling over the man in the hoodie.  He was very strange and hard to explain.  I told the neighbors about him.   They explained that he was probably a hunter.  Well, it wasn't hunting season, and hunters don't wear khaki.  They usually wear orange so no one mistakes them for a deer.  And he didn't have a rifle.  Besides that, his appearance in front of me, and then his disappearance as I watched made me wonder if he was a ghost.  Or maybe an evil spirit.  

But wait.  One final possibility.  He could have been an angel.  I was reciting verses from Scripture when he appeared.  I saw an angel story recently of an angel that came to help a man in a car accident that walked out of the woods dressed in a hoodie, and climbed into the car and assisted the man.  The man never saw his face because of the hoodie.  That's a similar MO to my experience.  

Why would an angel walked slowly along the perimeter of my yard?  Hmmm.  I don't know.  They are mysterious.  Maybe he was guarding my property.  That would be nice.  Besides that, evil spirits are averse to Scripture, so it wouldn't make sense for an evil spirit to appear when one is reciting verses. Then was the man an angel?  That's one explanation.  That's the one I like.  

The other explanation is that it was my neighbor wearing a hoodie and wandering around near my yard.  Maybe he just didn't notice me. Maybe when he walked off his clothing made him harder to see.  Or was I just imagining this?  No, this wasn't my imagination.  

Maybe he was a clown playing head games with me. 

Who was that man anyway?









No comments:

Post a Comment