Sunday, July 30, 2023

UPS - NO TRESPASSING

 



So that's it?  The UPS driver has been saving steps to the door by pulling into my driveway.  And not very many steps.  About twenty I think.  The side of the driveway where he does this is damaged to the point that it is almost unusable now.  These UPS trucks are huge.  So this new driver thinks it's OK to pull a semi into my yard?  I'm pretty sure UPS isn't good with that. 


The driveway is on a hill, and where it meets the road at the top of the hill there is a drainage pipe that used to be underground.  He fixed that.  He backs into the driveway to get more traction, since it's hard for that behemoth to pull out of there on the steep hill.  Then what?  Spin the tires on my side of the pipe for more umph.   Lately when I've tried to pull out of the driveway the car bottoms out.  I'm afraid to go that way now because I'll damage my car too.  


This new driver has another scary habit.   Like at least one other driver, he either doesn't realize, or doesn't care about driving down a steep hill that connects to the road out of here.  This hill is also on a cliff and a blind curve.  I had quit going that way and taken the route that's a few miles out of my way, because should one meet the UPS truck on this cliff it is dangerous.  He did meet me there two days ago.  Did he slow down?  No.  What does he care?  The little people have to get out of his way.   This is not to mention driving way too fast.  


He pulled into the driveway Friday and unloaded some heavy boxes out in the yard.  These boxes were too large for me to move.  And, it was an order I had cancelled.  I called to him to wait.  Well, he foolishly didn't drive away but he never answered me.   I went inside to get a pen and paper because if a package goes back and I don't have the tracking number, I can be charged.  That would have been $1000.  It may still be $1000,  because he loaded the boxes up in a hurry.  I stood by the driver's door and called to him.  He still didn't answer.  Finally he felt like leaving so he came around, and said, "I hear you," with an annoyed voice.  I told him I needed to get the tracking numbers from the boxes, but he said he didn't have time for that, and jumped in his truck.  I had to walk in front of it to go inside to get to my door, and I had the eerie feeling he was considering running me down.  The truck was gigantic.  This man was a very large man, around 8" taller than me.    Does he see that he has been a bully?  Maybe he feels that I'm just the kind of woman that should be bullied.   He wouldn't feel that way if he were 8" shorter than me I bet.  


Did I call UPS and complain?  Well, unlike some, I have their number,  which is hard to get.   I thought I would sleep on it anyway.  OK.  I slept on it.  Will I say, "Tell that great big bully not to drive into my driveway anymore, and not to use the shortcut at the cliff" ?  Yes.  Will I mention how he didn't let me copy the tracking numbers?  Not sure.  I found them on the internet.  What really bothers me is that I was frightened by him.  Didn't I pay for shipping?  I paid for him to give me a bad time?  He was not threatening me verbally.  Yet I felt threatened.   I was picking up really bad vibes.    Well, maybe he was in a big hurry to get over to his girlfriend's house.  


I bought No Trespassing signs last week.  I suppose I'll have to add, "This means you UPS trucks."   Some have pointed out that UPS may decide I should pick up my packages at some distant location.  Oh bull.  


I have parked the cars at the top of the driveway to prevent UPS semis from coming into my yard and tearing up the driveway.  And bothering me.  I can just imagine what this driver's vexation will be when he discovers that.     






This driver was not wearing any ID

The following is from UPS Dress Code policy 2023:

The UPS dress code is different for every individual. Typically, employees must wear a shirt with a name tag on the right, and slacks or dress pants. They are not allowed to wear skirts or jeans, and they should avoid any piercings that may cause a safety hazard. In addition, they can’t wear a necklace or earrings that may get caught in machinery. Moreover, they shouldn’t wear a tight-fitting dress or a skirt, as they can fall off their heads. In addition, they should dress in layers, so they can adapt to the changes in temperature and activity.

 That's it!!  I'm calling the sheriff!!



No comments:

Post a Comment