Friday, February 2, 2024

Pickled Egg Catastrophe


 

This had to be a satanic attack.   


I have been trying to make more pickled eggs.  Things took a terrifying turn.  Those pickled eggs actually cut me and drew blood!  I shudder to think what else could have happened.  


Safety first is my motto, so I followed my directions on canning jar preparation and was going to the trouble of sterilizing the jars.  I poured boiling water into a half gallon Ball canning jar, and it exploded to smithereens.  I was very surprised, and quickly tried to clean up the mess.  This made no sense.  The jar wasn't cold.  It had been sitting at room temperature since I bought it.   Even if it were cold, one of my Youtube videos that I watched shows people in Alaska canning eggs outside in the snow.  They are boiling the jars.  Canning jars are supposed to be boiled.  Well, not this one!  Even though I saw that there was broken glass, and tried to be extra careful cleaning it up, a piece of glass cut my hand.  Shards had landed in the brine I had made for the eggs, and I had to pour it out.  


Some people, like Rabbit Man, will blame me for things like this.  For example, I was putting a Pyrex measuring cup in the cupboard and it exploded.  It exploded nearly to powder, leaving me holding the handle.  And it cut me up a little.  All my fault.  Why?  Because weird things happen to me.   


I called Walmart and they gave me a refund on the jars.  So that was some consolation.   


I just don't understand what happened.  Well, did I ever think that before I try to pickle eggs I should first pray my heart out?  No, that never occurred to me.  But now it has.  Who knew that jars can become demon possessed?  I'll have to do exorcisms in the future.  Don't think I've never done that.   Just never with a canning jar.  



No comments:

Post a Comment