Sunday, February 11, 2024

In the Doghouse


Little Spot is in the doghouse.  He's completely mystified about it.  Am I mad at him?  Whatever for?  


Because he takes parcels when they are delivered and rips them up and scatters them around the yard.  I bought a large plastic bottle of allspice.  Probably a lifetime supply.  It's all chewed up and slobbered on.   One parcel has disappeared even though I searched high and low for it.  He took a parcel over to David's last week containing vitamins.   But the real outrage was a necklace I bought for a Valentine's gift for Mom.   Spot may not have been the culprit.  It may have been a mistake with Amazon.  I called David to ask him to be on the alert for a missing parcel.   He said Spot has taken some of their parcels too.  Oh no.  Oh no.  


Spot saw me wandering around the yard searching for the parcel.  It wasn't very long before he realized that I seemed to be angry at him.  But why??  Well, I'll show you why doggie.  


Two of the parcels had come in plastic envelopes, so I covered them with sriracha sauce.  I opened a can of Vienna sausages and covered them with sriracha sauce and put them inside the envelope.  One of these envelopes he had already torn open earlier.  Then I put them on the bench outside where the delivery people leave parcels.  Go ahead doggie!  Play with those parcels!   He actually ate one of the sausages before the whole nightmarish reality set in in his mouth.   


 Has he been able to think about what he did and make the connection?  Doubtful.  



No comments:

Post a Comment