Saturday, February 3, 2024

Homemade Pizza for Dinner


 


I don't often make pizza.  I still need work on the crust.   The last time I made pizza was on Thanksgiving 2019.   We hadn't received any invitations from friends, and we had not invited anyone.  At the time Mrs. Billingsley was in bad shape, having broken her back.  How was I?  My back wasn't broken.   However,  a Thanksgiving meal wasn't going to happen.  My step brother brought over a plate for Mrs. Billingsley.  Maybe he thought we were going to share it.  Anyway, it was a glum Thanksgiving.  And what would make me happy?  What I really wanted was pizza,  and so I made a pizza.  Well, sort of.  The crust was like a cracker.  


Just as the festivities began, there was a knock on the door.  It was Ichabod.  He had hoped to join us for our Thanksgiving feast.  Except, really, we weren't really having a Thanksgiving dinner.  Still, he was welcome to pizza.  He boohooed about not being invited to anyone's house for dinner on this day of days.  Well, I must admit, it was the grimmest Thanksgiving I had ever had.  He said he went to the church and thought they would be having Thanksgiving dinner there.  For the indigent?  There was just an empty parking lot.  "And you sat in the car and wept," I said, helpfully.   He bravely made do with homemade pizza.  He didn't complain, but I just knew he was biting his tongue not to criticize the crust.   I think what would have saved this Thanksgiving is if Ichabod and I had gotten together and bought a pre made dinner from Walmart.  But hindsight is twenty twenty.   


I thought we were going to have chicken chow mein tonight,  but I didn't have the ingredients.  So pizza was plan B.  Once again, the crust was like a cracker.  Otherwise it was pretty good.  Yummy pizza sauce.  I cheated and used Chef BoyRD.  And topped with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.  


I was so satisfied with my nice meal, but supposed it would spike my blood glucose.   I guessed it would be around 170, and decided to find out an hour after dinner.  116.  Wow.  I pondered what I would do in the future about improving the crust.  Watch many videos on Youtube about making pizza crust I guess.  





No comments:

Post a Comment