Thursday, January 18, 2024

No Groceries Today


 


I was happy to see that the temperature was up to 23º this morning.  I'm getting out of here! I thought.   Was the snow melted?  Some.  The driveway is a problem because it goes uphill and it's always to last place to melt.  Well, give it a little English.   I planned to make a trip out of the north side of the driveway, onto the road and back into the south side to be certain it was possible.  OK it's not possible.  Oh but maybe it will be this afternoon.  Maybe maybe not.  My grocery order has to be placed in the morning for later in the afternoon.  So far, not only did I not make it onto the road, I had run into the trash bin and then landed in the garden.  I thought I was going to put the pedal to the metal and momentum would carry me backwards up the driveway.  It carried me sideways until I quit attempting to get out.  How many times did I try?  About half a dozen.  At least, however cockeyed the car is out in the yard, I don't need a wrecker.  That might not even do any good right now.  


So maybe tomorrow.  There is projected to be a warming trend, then freezing rain over the weekend.   This happens when it isn't cold enough to snow, but it's too cold to rain.  Are we going to starve?  No, but eggs for breakfast are out.   Well, there are pickled eggs.   So what?  Nothing.  It's just that we're out of eggs because that's what we both like to eat.  


Dear Jesus, please send eggs.  




No comments:

Post a Comment